These services are available to Monroe and Owen County residents. Priority service will go to people who are elderly or have a disability and have low income. For more information, please contact us at (812) 876-3383.
The REPAIRS (Reliable Experts Providing Accessibility, Independence, Rehabilitation, and Safety) Team mission is to help ensure the independence of the elderly and people with disabilities by providing the essential maintenance and construction necessary for them to remain safely in their homes. The volunteer team will provide information on the cost of materials prior to making repairs. It is the resident’s responsibility to pay for materials through their own means, grants, or loans that are available. There is no cost for labor, but a contribution to the program is greatly appreciated.
The following are allowable repairs:
- Designing and building ADA code ramps or shallow steps
- Installing safety features such as grab bars and rails
- Repairing minor plumbing and electrical malfunctions
- Repair of windows, doors, and screens on ground floor
- Minor repair of unsafe wooden steps and floors
- Checking smoke alarms and light bulbs
The following are non-allowable repairs:
- Cosmetic improvements
- Tile or linoleum (except where safety is concerned)
- Outdoor wall rebuilding
- Removal of structures
- Washing windows
- Roofs / gutters