We at Area 10 understand that being a caregiver, however rewarding, can be difficult. You may feel overwhelmed, and navigating the available services can be intimidating. Well, we’re here to help.
In addition to the many services that we provide, we want to share with you additional resources that you might find helpful. We encourage you to call our Aging & Disability Resource Center at (812) 876-3383 if you have any questions or are interested in learning more.
- Medicare and You 2022
- Dementia Road Map
- Monroe & Owen County Caregivers Support Group Facebook support group that focuses on providing support and resources to caregivers in Monroe & Owen Counties, Indiana.
- Alzheimers.gov The government’s free information resource about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Eldercare Locator Connects caregivers to local services and resources for older adults and adults with disabilities across the United States.
- Falls Prevention
- Family Caregiver Alliance Information, education and services for family caregivers, including the Family Care Navigator, a state-by-state list of services and assistance.
- National Alliance for Caregiving A coalition of national organizations focused on family caregiving issues.
- The National Clearinghouse for Long-term Care Information Information and education for family caregivers; includes the Caregiver Community Action Network, a volunteer support network in over 40 states.
- Social Security Administration Information and tools to plan for future long-term care needs.
- Veterans Administration Support and services for families caring for veterans. Maintains a VA caregiver support line.