At Area 10 you can use your talents to make a difference in the community and gain valuable experience at the same time. We are currently seeking applicants for the positions listed below. Please contact us at (812) 876-3383 for additional information.
Full-Part Time Starting pay-$11/hr.
This position reports directly to Dispatcher with access to the Assistant Transit Manager. Need Drivers in all the following counties: Monroe, Owen, Lawrence, and Putnam.
- Safe transportation of passengers in agency vehicles. Routes will be designated, most of which are diversified in nature because they are demand-responsive and include door-to-door service for patrons as assigned through the Dispatcher.
- Assistance of passengers including individuals confined to wheelchairs.
- Maintenance of records for the program including collecting and recording of data, filling out appropriate forms.
- Routine inspection and basic maintenance of vehicles (i.e., checking oil and gas levels, maintaining proper tire pressure, washing vehicles, etc.), reporting any problems with the vehicle and keeping the vehicle clean at all times.
- Collection of and accounting for fares and donations, sale of tickets and passes and handling of these monies and daily deposit of funds.
- Successful completion of training including First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens, Defensive Driving, Passenger Assistance Techniques, Safety, and Sensitivity Training with disabilities, Drug and Alcohol Awareness.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with passengers and staff.
- Promote public transit services and increase passenger trips.
- Abide by all FCC rules regarding radio communication.
- Performance of other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Commercial Drivers License, Class C or above, with passenger endorsement may be required. Able to assume the job responsibilities outlined above. Demonstrated vehicle driving skills, safe driving record, good physical condition, no criminal convictions. Satisfactory physical exams and drug and alcohol testing required as a condition of employment.
Important personality traits are cooperation, loyalty, dependability, safety-mindedness, politeness and ability to work without direct supervision. Also necessary are a neat appearance and respectful demeanor.
Administrative Assistant, Full-time non-exempt
The Administrative Assistant serves as the first point of contact, often, for staff and visitors to our main office in Ellettsville, helping individuals feel welcomed and assisted in navigating their needs. The position fields information requests and helps connect individuals to the right services or staff person, as well as provide support services for Area 10 staff. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Answers multi-line phone, relays messages, and provides appropriate follow-up information.
- Greets visitors and assists or refers them as appropriate.
- Issues meal and transportation vouchers.
- Applies postage to outgoing mail and distributes incoming mail as instructed.
- Process new volunteer applications and record hours worked as reported by management.
- Orders office supplies on a weekly basis.
- Keep front office and shared work center clean and stocked.
- Assist with administrative work orders when available.
- Other duties as requested by management.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and web browsing.
- Must be well organized and familiar with standard office practices.
- Must be willing to consider additional shifts as available.
- Must have good grammar, proofreading and spelling skills.
- Must care about the quality of life for older adults and developmentally disabled.
Must be very organized, warm, friendly, easy going, patient and caring. Must be an experienced team player with a quick grasp of new ideas.
Care Management Administrative Assistant
Assists Care Managers in the provision of the services necessary to implement the care plan as directed by the Care Manager. This position reports to the Care Management Team Leader.
- Assist Care Managers with obtaining necessary medical and assessment information.
- Follow-up on RFAs (Requests for Additional Services) and acquire appropriate bids for home modifications and equipment needs.
- Assists clients with applications for other benefits, e.g., HDM, MA, EAP, Housing, etc.
- Assists Care Manager with follow-up requests and duties as assigned.
- Attends workshops, meetings, and trainings as directed by supervisor.
- Perform office assistant duties such as filing, ordering supplies, scheduling courier services as needed.
- Assist in mailing information/resources to clients.
- Assists in tracking of care management training activities and CEUs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Care Management Team Leader.
Associate’s degree in Human Services or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interacts with co-workers and individuals in a respectful and compassionate manner with a commitment to providing excellent service.
This position reports directly to the Rural Transit Manager
- Performs vehicle maintenance and ensures vehicles are reliable and safe for public transportation
- Performs preventative maintenance program for each Rural Transit vehicle which includes oil changes, spark plugs replacement, tune-ups, filter replacement.
- Performs repairs on all vehicles, as well as 5,000 mile, 10,000 mile, and 15,000 mile inspections.
- Makes diagnosis to determine if repairs are needed.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs in and around the garage.
- Maintains maintenance records and submits maintenance reports to Fleet Manager on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Initiates purchase of parts needed for repairs.
- Certifies vehicle safety.
- Responds to road calls.
- Maintains contact with drivers to discuss vehicle problems and to respond to road calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Able to assume job responsibilities as outlined. High school diploma or equivalent with coursework in automotive and equipment mechanics at a trade school. At least 3 years’ experience. CDL with passenger endorsement required. Experience is essential in vehicle safety and maintenance, with Ford engines preferred. Excellent knowledge of brake systems and suspension systems is required. Experience with electrical systems is highly desired. Must pass fitness for duty and drug and alcohol screening prior to start date. Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently.
- Must be able to frequently bend, crouch, kneel, twist, push and pull.
- Must have normal hearing, with the aid of corrective devices, as needed.
- Must have normal vision, with the aid of corrective devices, as needed.
- Must be able to drive as needed.
- Must be able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
This is a full time position. The Care Manager will work as part of the Care Management Team to connect individuals within our area to community-based resources and services to help them remain comfortably and safely at home and out of institutional care. This position reports to the Care Management Team Leader.
- Conduct assessments to ensure proper services and funding are utilized to meet the individuals’ needs. Appropriately facilitate the assessment process in a person centered manner to engage the individual with discovering their strengths, needs, goals, and preferences.
- Assist with planning, facilitation, advocacy, collaboration, and monitoring of the needs of each individual, under different funding sources.
- Development and implementation of a Person Centered Support Plan, including action and/or service plans to determine community resources to meet the individual’s functional and social needs.
- Monitor the progress for all services displayed on the action and/or service plans.
- Provide and coordinate high quality services to the individual, while promoting seamless, integrated, coordinated care.
- Monitoring person centered support plans will be completed by the Care Manager in a face to face contact.
- Complete annual person centered assessments including eligibility and service planning.
- Complete all assessment tools including but not limited to incident reports in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all services through monitoring the progress from identified need to meeting goals/preferences identified by the individual, direct collaboration and coordination with providers to ensure services are within the individual’s preferences, and adjusting action and service plans appropriately to identify changing needs of the individual.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Care Management Team Leader.
(Candidates must meet one of the below requirements)
1. Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from accredited college or university in social work, gerontology, counseling, psychology, health and human services, nursing.
2. RN Licensure with one year experience in Human Services.
3. Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of two years full time, direct service experience with the elderly or disabled which includes assessment, care plan development and
Applicants must have effective oral and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, intermediate computer skills and have access to a car and a valid driver’s license/car insurance for business travel. Must be organized, dependable, and comfortable with a diverse population. Must excel at working independently and collaboratively. Position requires human service experience and the desire to serve the elderly and people with disabilities.
Interacts with individuals in a respectful and compassionate manner with a commitment to providing excellent services.