For more information or to make an appointment, contact a SHIP Counselor by calling Area 10’s Aging and Disability Resource Center at (812) 876-3383.
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides unbiased health insurance counseling for people with Medicare. SHIP counselors complete intensive certification training and provide objective information to help people make informed decisions about their Medicare options. The SHIP program is not affiliated with any insurance company and SHIP counselors do not sell insurance.
Call SHIP to:
- Get answers about health coverage including Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and Long-Term Care Insurance.
- Compare Medicare Part D prescription drug plans, based on your medications and pharmacy preference.
- Apply for subsidies to reduce Medicare health and prescription costs.
- Get help understanding your Medicare documents.
- Find out how to resolve billing issues.
- Learn about your Medicare rights.
SHIP is sponsored federally by the Administration for Community Living (ACL), and locally by the Indiana Department of Insurance.
Are you paying too much for your Medicare? Call Area 10 to find out!